Ok so pretty much everyone who likes good food has heard of Coq au Vin. This is my version of a chicken stew.
1. 1 lb. chicken breast without bone, diced
2. Chicken stock
3. 1 cup of carrots, sliced
4. Two potatoes, chopped (feel free to substitute sweet potatoes if you can't have white ones)
5. One large apple, chopped
6. 1 cup chopped mushrooms
7. 4 golden beets, peeled and diced
8. One can chopped tomatoes, with liquid
9. 1/2 cup fresh ginger, finely diced
10. One small onion, chopped
11. 1 tsp. fennel seeds
12. 1 tsp. celery seeds
13. 1 tsp. salt
14. 4 tbsp. butter (you can substitute the light variety or olive oil if you need to)
15. 1/2 cup red wine
(I generally don't use cooking wine as it has a lot of salt, which ruins the flavor. Get cheap wine if you have to, but make sure it is drinkable. A good rule of thumb is, if you can't stand the wine flavor, don't cook with it).
Add water to about half the pot first. Then add rest of ingredients.
Cook until chicken is done. This may take a good hour, so please be prepared to check on your stew in the interim.